Money & Banking

The Greater Moncton Area is served by a number of banks and cooperatives, also known as credit unions. Both can help you with your money and offer similar services, but they are not the same.

Banking & Cooperatives

Banks are managed by the Federal Government of Canada. To do business with a bank, you need to open a bank account. They offer services such as savings accounts, chequing accounts, debit cards, credit cards, mortgages, travel cheques, personal loans, RRSPs, bank drafts, currency exchange services, letters of credit, financial planning, insurance products, etc. 

Cooperatives, also called credit unions, are managed by the provinces. To use a cooperative, you must become a member. They offer, essentially, the same services as banks.